Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Lent Is Over!



“Do you need to stop at NJ’s for anything?” David asked as we were returning home along Lake Leelanau on Monday after wrapping up the last of our tax work (a day early!) in Traverse City.

“Yes! I need a gallon of milk.”

“What do you use so much milk for?”

Well, I haven’t been using it since Mardi Gras, because I chose to forego coffee and wine for Lent and my favorite breakfast drink at home is café au lait made with Shetler’s whole milk – and I must say that doing without coffee was much harder than abstaining from wine, though this year I did not make the mistake of adding chocolate and potato chips to the list of absentions. But okay, I made it, and the lovely hand-warmer mug a friend gave me for my birthday was just perfect for renewing my café au lait tradition on a chilly April morning.



If I were actually in Paris, there would have been a fresh, warm, crispy croissant to go with the café au lait. Such a chilly Michigan morning, though! Perfect for a steaming bowl of hot corn grits topped with butter and local maple syrup. More than a fashionable Parisian woman would have to start the day, but it works for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment